General Care Instructions:
Siam Feather Products (SFP) bedding products are easy to care for and maintain. Most products are fully machine washable, but depending on the size of your product it may be best to leave the laundering to a professional.
Please take a few minutes to read carefully, the following instructions. If your product is properly maintained, it will last so much longer.
- Ideally remove the product from the packaging immediately.
- Inspect the product carefully before using it. Should there be anything obviously wrong, contact us (see instructions in the Returns Policy).
- Fluff up aind air well before use. Regular airing and lofting, wherever possible will help keeping your product well maintained.
- Duvets and pillows should be used with a cover at all times. Failure to do so might cause premature wear and tear and increase the risk of permanent stains. On pillows we also recommend the use of a suitable pillow protector in addition to the cover.
- When not in use for long periods of time, your product should be stored in a dry and well-ventilated closet or room.
General Cleaning Guidelines
- All products have our manufacturer recommended care instruction labels attached.
- We always recommend following the washing instructions on the labels of the products.
- Even if indicated as fully machine washable, we recommend bringing it to a reputable cleaner that specializes in cleaning such products and using commercial washing machines and dryers as most household machines are too small to wash and spin large bedding.
- If cleaned at home follow the washing instructions on the label of the products which will most likely state that the preferred washing option is to wash in cool or warm water using a soft detergent such as a wool detergent.
- We recommend that only mild detergents be used. Proper rinsing is a key to ensuring the product re-lofts nicely.
- Proper and thorough drying of your product is critical. Dry thoroughly on low heat immediately after washing with frequent agitation until the product becomes light and fluffy.
- Dry-cleaning is not recommended for all Feather & Down products.
- Small spots or stains may be removed by holding the fabric away from the filling and using warm water and mild soap. To dry, use a hair dryer on low heat.
- Do NOT bleach, iron or steam unless specifically indicated on care label.